PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAA in the mornin’! Pizza in the evenin’! Pizza at suppertime! When pizza’s on a bagel, you can eat pizza anytiiiiiiime!
You know that song? It’s funny because it’s just some dumb song from a commercial, but my husband and I sing it all the time. I’m always trying to find ways to make pizza into a keto-friendly meal. It’s my ..favorite.. food. So, here’s a fantastic recipe using my other recipe for keto biscuits. Try my topping suggestions or use what you like. It’s as pizza as you can get, really. So here you go…
Keto mini pizzas
- 4 big biscuits from a batch of grain free keto biscuits
- 1 cup organic pizza sauce
- 32 uncured pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup of diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- Dried oregano and garlic powder
- 8 oz of low moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 400°F and put some parchment on a cookie sheet.
- Slice 4 biscuits in half with the cut side up on the parchment. Arrange them so that they all touch each other. This helps to prevent topping-waste and results in a neat-o pull-apart pizza.
- Spread 2 tbsp of sauce on each biscuit half as pictured.
- Place 3 pepperonis on each sauced biscuit.
- Sprinkle half of your peppers and onions on top of that.
- Sprinkle on some oregano and garlic powder.
- Put the cheese on top, using most of the cheese.
- Place one pepperoni on top of each biscuit, followed by the rest of your onions and bell peppers. Sprinkle on any remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Switch the oven to HIGH broil mode and broil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve. Try not to burn your mouth like I always do…
Serves 4 average-sized humans
Nutrition per serving:
- Kcal: 356
- Net carbs: 8 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Fat: 20 g
If you weren’t familiar with the song that I referenced, here’s a link to a video of it.